- To create an algorithmically-generated piece for performance, gaining experience in composition programming, ensemble rehearsal and improvisational performance.
- An improvisational computer instrument was constructed for a duet performance exploring real-time vocal effects.
- The instrument employed formant synthesis techniques to create a virtual choir that accompanied the performer.
- Real-time pitch-following of the performer’s vocals was implemented to create several voice part harmonizations in the choir, with a continuously adjustable parameter between deterministic and random pitching.
- Dry vocal input and formant output were mixed with granular textures.
- Gestural control (most likely hand gestures) to assimilate the instrument with a live singer’s natural expressive motions.