- To create a piece with personal recordings taken with a DIY capsule mic, and feed this into an FFT-based real-time pitch tracker. This control signal may be used to manipulate computer-generated instruments.
- Recordings must highlight three themes – free, rhythm and score (written by interpreting a recording of nature sounds).
- The piece formed a study on voice, I recorded myself singing ‘Voi Che Sapete’ (Marriage of Figaro, Mozart) as dry input.
- FFT trackers followed pitch to control computer instruments including Moog-like swept filter synths, formant filters and live samplers.
- Mixing and stereo rendering was done in Audacity.